What this Statement Covers This Statement covers our treatment of Personal Data that we collect when you are our member, when you subscribe with us or when you request us for our services. This Statement sets out how we use your Personal Data; what Personal Data we collect; how we ensure to protect your privacy; and your legal rights on your Personal Data.
Bestseller will collect your Personal Data for the following purposes :
- for the provision of products, services and/or facilities by Bestseller / its service providers (who are engaged by us to assist with providing you our services) to you. Such products and services shall be limited to fashion, footwear, bags, eyewear, accessories, watches, jewellery, stationery, lifestyle items, trendy items, cosmetics, personal care items, beauty items, high-technology devices, food and beverages;
- for carrying out your instructions or responding to your enquiry;
- for direct marketing purpose, including designing further products and services for you and marketing products or services in which Bestseller shall be involved but within the scope as mentioned in clause 3.1 above;
- for payment purposes for products, services and/or facilities by Bestseller, including verification of your payment details with third parties (like banks, financial institutions, and other payment platforms);
- for use of the online services available at Bestseller Websites,and/or through other telecommunication channels;
- for identification and verification purposes in connection with any of the products, services and/or facilities by Bestseller that may be rendered to you;
- for managing customer relationship, including without limitation, any Membership programs run by Bestseller;
- for investigation of complaints, suspected suspicious transactions, and research for service improvement;
- for forming part of customer data base necessary for the operation by Bestseller; and/or
- for observing any legal, governmental or regulatory requirements of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (“Hong Kong”) or other relevant jurisdiction including any disclosure or notification requirements to which Bestseller or other class of data recipient, are subject.
Bestseller will take all practicable steps to ensure that the Personal Data so collected are accurate. However, your efforts to provide accurate Personal Data upon subscription of Bestseller’s services and thereafter to update Bestseller of any change of your Personal Data are always welcome.
Unless Bestseller hears from you to the contrary upon subscription or receives subsequent notice from you, Bestseller may, where such disclosure is necessary to satisfy the purpose for which the Personal Data was collected, provide such Personal Data to the following parties :
- employees and officers of Bestseller;
- the brands traded, operated or owned by Bestseller but within the range of products and services as mentioned in clause 3.1 above;
- contractors / service providers of Bestseller (who are engaged by us to assist with providing you our services);
- other business associates, like operators of our Membership programs, or operators in providing customer care service or fulfilling customer requests;
- banks, financial institutions, credit reference agencies, credit, debit or charge card companies, and/or other payment platforms; and/or
- the court or regulatory body with subpoenas, court orders or for the purpose of legal process.
The Personal Data you provide to us may also be sourced from or transferred to other jurisdictions outside Hong Kong for any of the aforesaid purposes.
You have the right to know :
- whether Bestseller holds any of your Personal Data; and
- the kind of Personal Data being held by Bestseller.
You have full control and ability to correct or edit your Personal Data at any time, including whether you want us to contact you about direct marketing purpose, promotional offers and new products and services, and/or deletion of your subscriber or Membership account.
You may request your right of access or right of correction by logging in at https://www.jackjones.com.hk. Alternatively, you can write to us via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Bestseller will, upon satisfying itself of the authenticity and validity of the access or correction request, make every endeavor to comply with and respond to the request within the period set by the statutory requirement.
Pursuant to the Ordinance, Bestseller is entitled to charge a reasonable fee for our processing of any data access request.
Data security is our top priority. We strive to ensure that your Personal Data will be protected against unauthorized or accidental access, processing or erasure. We maintain this commitment to data security by implementing appropriate physical, electronic and managerial measures to safeguard and secure your Personal Data. Encryption technology, such as SSL, may be employed for the transmission of Personal Data collected online. Also, our web servers are protected by data security measures and our systems are monitored to prevent any unauthorized access. However, you are also invited to protect against unauthorised access to your Membership or log-in account, password, payment and credit card details, and delivery details.
Your Personal Data will only be retained for as long as is necessary to fulfill the original purpose for which it was collected, unless contrary to any applicable statutory requirement.
We may amend this Statement from time to time. If we make any substantial amendments in the way we use your Personal Data, we will notify you by posting a prominent announcement on the Bestseller Websites. You agree that such posting will constitute sufficient and adequate notice to you of the amendments.
You agree that your continued use of our products or services after such amendment will constitute your acceptance of and agreement to be bound by the modified Statement.
Bestseller may contact you from time to time with a view to providing the latest information on our products and services / Membership program. If you do not wish to receive these updates, please login at https://www.jackjones.com.hk to unsubscribe. Or you can write to us via e-mail to email@example.com. In accordance with the statutory requirements, Bestseller will honour your request not to use your Personal Data for the purposes of direct marketing. Unless otherwise instructed as per the above, Bestseller may use any of your Personal Data collected in the normal course of our business for direct marketing purposes.
If you have any questions regarding this Statement, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
By signing in the Membership form, or logging in as our subscriber, or registering as our member, or continuing your browsing of Bestseller Websites, you agree to comply with the Statement set out above.
In case of discrepancies between the English and Chinese versions, the English version shall apply and prevail.
This Statement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Hong Kong. Where Bestseller \'s operations are subject to privacy legislation other than that of Hong Kong, then this Statement shall be applied so far as practicable and consistent with such local legislation.
Effective on : 18th June 2018